We want your visit with us to be enlightening and stress-free. Here’s some advice we’ve put together for your first appointment:
- We’ll begin by learning more about you and your history. We’ll ask a series of detailed questions about your medical, work, and personal life as this information relates to your hearing.
- Next, we will conduct a physical examination of your ears. Using the latest technology, we’ll perform a thorough examination of your ears for any outstanding, physical condition that might indicate a need for a medical referral.
- Let’s check out your middle ear function! Impedance Audiometry gives us an idea of how well the eardrum, the middle ear bones, and a few of your ears reflexes are functioning.
- It’s test time. What you’ve always heard of as the “hearing test” begins with Pure-tone Audiometry. We measure your hearing levels by presenting your hearing system with pure tones (beeps). We measure how loud the sound has to be before you’re aware that there actually is a sound.
- Speech Audiometry is done because we want to gauge how well you’re interpreting sound once the sounds are loud enough to hear.
Our team will explain everything to you in detail because we believe your journey to better hearing should be a dedicated partnership between you and your hearing healthcare provider. The key to this journey is making sure that Athens Oconee Audiology, as your provider, keeps you as well informed as possible about your experiences and solutions related to hearing impairment.